Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ten Things I Love About Our Home

10 Things I Love About Our Home
(You guessed it, in no particular order...)

1.) Our front door.


2.) Our fire place.


3.) My GINORMOUS closet.
I'm not posting a picture of it because I don't want you to covet.  It's big.  Real big.  It has painted, sturdy organizer-shelves.  I have an entire WALL of SHOES.  Pretty shoes.  Pumps to Pumas.  I have designated areas for dresses, skirts, slacks, jeans, capris. Winter shirts.  Summer shirts.  Maternity clothes.  All in their special place.  Jalon has a wing, I have a wing.  You never knew someone could so love her closet, did you?


4.) Our master bathroom.
That's the up-side of having a husband who used to be a plumber.  He designs nice bathrooms, with nice fixtures.  The down-side is he doesn't let me put my hair down the shower drain.


5.) Our babies' nursery.
My absolute FAVE room in the house.  All painted and spiffy. I was pregnant with Marshal when Jalon painted it.  He painted it all in a day.  I sat and talked to him, and made sure the house stayed plenty ventilated, lol.  Yes, there are stripes (flat and matte) on the gold sides. They are perfection on a wall.


6.) Our Kitchen
I'm not a chef.  I cook to nourish my family.  But I decorate to relish in red.  I love red. Love my KitchenAid.  Love my red coffee pot.  Love my appliances. My pot rack.  My Canisters.  


7.) We picked out every single detail.
From faucets to face-plates.  Paint to potties.  Some people are overwhelmed by having to decide EVERYTHING.  Not us! We loved the process.


8.) The memories of building it.  Nearly every day I would come over to see how much Jalon had gotten done.  And nearly every day I was astounded! He would walk me through the framing and we would dream about what would go where, if spaces were big enough, how things would look when it was all together.  My most favorite memory was coming in after all the trim work, carpet, and tile were in.  It was almost ready to occupy.  We just layed barefoot on the living room floor and marveled at our new home.


9.) How we started our family here.
Contractions. Babies.  First steps.  First foods.  Fulfillment.  Restoration.  Blessing.


10.) It was built by my husband.
As mentioned above, Jalon built our home.  With the exception of some drywall, HVAC, and certain componnants of the electrical, Jalon did everything.  What a man.  25 years old at the time? Who does that? My husband does.  Beautiful. (The house is nice too, lol!)

No comments:

Post a Comment