Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Apple of my eye, star in my sky...



My nursery wall displays the theme of "Apple of my eye, star in my sky" - an expression of love, of course, to my precious M's.  The original Hebrew for this idiom was 'iyshown 'ayin (אישון עין), and can be literally translated as "Little Man of the Eye." This is a reference to the tiny reflection of yourself that you can see in other people's pupils.  The Bible refers to us as the apple of God's eye (Zech 2:8, Ps 17:8, Deut 32:10) - He's more than just a distant spectator... His gaze is toward us.  He cares and is concerned about every aspect of our lives.  Just as we are at the center of God's gaze, my little men are are the center of mine.  They are the center and theme of my heart.  I love you M&M.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying your blog. Its refreshing to see a Christian perspective for a change. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete