Thursday, August 4, 2011

So I take it back...

I was recently inspired by this post.  You should read it.  I pride myself (first mistake) in being thankful.  But I've found an area where I've been a jerk.  My Dave Ramsey car.  I could justify my opinions about my car to you in half a second, maybe even in three words or less. 

BUT I really shouldn't do that.
Why?
(Insert again all those negative, but funny, reasons to hate it.) 
BECAUSE I SHOULD BE A THANKFUL PERSON. 

It's paid for.  When we sold our other car, it helped us become SO much closer to being debt free. (Student loans are all we have left... long road, another post.) I don't have to walk.  I don't  have to ride a bike.  I don't have to wait with my kids and my groceries at a bus stop in 107 degree weather.  I am THANKFUL for these things. 

So I take it back.  I take it ALL back.  I take back all my hilariously crafted words about my car.  And instead I'll love it.  Okay that's a lie.  I'll be thankful for it.  Yes.  I'll also thankful for financial peace.  And some day I'll live like no one else because today I'll live like no one else (props again to Dave, we're on a first name basis at our house, he just doesn't know it).   

No comments:

Post a Comment