Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Day of Preschool

Oh Marshy Jay.  You steal my heart in so many ways.

You started preschool this week.  And you LOVE it.  My emotions are split in half.  I'm proud of you, you're so grown up - and SWEET.  But at the same time I'm realizing we are entering a season of school-age.  No longer are you my baby, or even my toddler.  I'm determined not to mourn the change, because after all, you are destined to grow and thrive... that's the way it works.  But, for a few small moments - laying in my bed the night before your first day; my quick walk to the car after leaving you in your classroom; and this blog post - I'll relish a bit of a broken heart with misty eyes. 

You are tender-hearted, fun, and full of love.  You are smart, and I can't wait to see you learn and grow.  

I love you.  Muchly.  

(Miss Gresham is your teacher - and you the only boy in a class of all girls... you are in HEAVEN!)

No comments:

Post a Comment