Friday, January 20, 2012

Men Someday




I had a realization the other day as I was holding a jammied Marshal.  Right now he is so cuddly.  And he adores his Mama.  We could snuggle all day.  He was up on my lap with his legs to his chest and playing with my hair.  Suddenly I started thinking about how big he's getting, how he hardly fits.  And I asked him, "Marshal, will you still let me hold you when you're six feet tall?"  To which he answered, "Yes Mama, I PROMISE."  As if that wasn't enough to make this already hormonal Mama cry, I then realized that this little boy I was holding will someday be... a man.   Uh - I will someday be the Mama of three... men.  This startled me quite a bit.  I love being a boy mom, will I love being a man mom?  I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment