Tuesday, July 6, 2010

So Valuable to Me

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, probably multiple times.  But today warrants another comment.  I have a disclaimer this time.  I know that staying home is impossible for some parents, and I know that most kids grow up unaffected by daycare. However, being able to be at home, or have my boys' daddy at home, is SO valuable to me. I don't want to just raise my kids on evenings and weekends.  I'm thankful that I know when my boys need naps and how they like to go to sleep.  I'm thankful that I don't miss first words, or first steps.  I'm thankful that I get to teach Marshal his ABCs and hear him pray over his lunch.  I'm thankful that Mason likes to be held, and I'm the one who holds him.  The time I have with them is beyond valuable, and trumps so many of life's "demands" that many others prioritize.  It's difficult, yes.  I want to pull my hair out some days, yes.  I'm overwhelmed and very tired, yes, yes. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment