Monday, April 5, 2010

I Fall

It's funny the things you catch yourself saying as a parent. For example, why do we ask our kids so many questions? "Can you pick up your toys?" "Would you like to take a bath?" "Do you want a spanking?" I realized something I say to Marshal often - "Don't Fall!" He climbs on everything! And has no fear of falling!  Today he showed me just how often I must say it, because throughout play-time he would stand on something (his red toddler-chair, the couch, etc.) and yell, "I FALL! I FALL!" and then he would proceed to jump off, lay his little body on the floor, and say "Ow!"

(This also brings to my remembrance how he started going down slides.  He wouldn't sit, scoot his bottom to the edge of the slide, and push himself off.  He would WALK off the slide until his legs slipped out from under him and then slide the rest of the way down... sheesh, freak me out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment