Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring in the Air

Spring is in the air! There is this underlying sense of anticipation and excitement in my heart as a new season of life blossoms in the trees and flowers around us. Have I mentioned how much I love the park? I think that one day I'll look back on these memories as some of the best times of my life.  Nearly everyday we load up the van (and our "park bag" - stuffed with balls, bubbles, snacks, and sunscreen), head over to our favorite park and just enjoy each other.  The experience has morphed as Marshal has gotten older: I no longer have to play on the equipment with him, he makes new friends almost every time he goes, and recently he ADORES bubbles.  But one thing stays the same: we have fun each and every time.  Today an elderly lady was watching him play as she was walking her dog.  She stopped by and commented, "He's quite a risk-taker, isn't he?" Yes he is - I thought to myself.  And then I thought even harder... I am very careful about words I use to describe my boys, because words are so powerful.  And yes, I think being willing to take a risk is an amazing quality.  I pray that Marshal is a boy (and someday a man) who is willing to step out and take a risk; a risk for his faith, a risk for his family, and a risk to try something new without fear of failure.  I'm proud of you Marshy Jay - you go and live the life of adventure that God has destined for you.  Be willing to take a risk, even if you're the only one.  Be daring. I love you.  Thank you for enjoying life with me today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment