Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'll Never!

In case I haven't mentioned this previously, Marshal ADORES Veggie Tales.  In response, we have quite a collection.  Won't mention any numbers, but let's just say - A LOT.  Before I had kids  (funny how perspectives are so different BEFORE having kids) I ran into one of my friends at a restaurant.  She was there with her family and her then two year old was watching Cars on a small, portable DVD player.  I remember thinking to myself, "I'll NEVER have my kid babysat by a TV - ESPECIALLY in a restaurant." Ha ha ha.  I now think to myself - I'll NEVER be judgmental about the way people deal with their children!  Small, portable DVD players are GOD'S GIFT TO PARENTS!!! Now, before you judge me (did you not just read my above confession???) - I know you can't let kids manipulate you with TV, and I know that there has to be boundaries, and we DO NOT watch too much TV, and we limit how much and what he watches, and I know we have to be the parents, and blah blah blah. BUT, when your toddler will not stop climbing out of the highchair, and he's hit the lady in the booth next to you with a spoon, and packets of crackers and creamer are no longer cutting it (I said don't judge me)..... SIGH.... then there is Veggie Tales - on the DVD player... and there is peace in the world again.  World peace.  In a small, portable DVD player.  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment