Monday, January 6, 2014

Focus on the Friends - Destiny



Meet my friend, Destiny.  I don't know that I've ever known such a sacrificial woman.  She is truly willing to be there, wherever, whenever there is a need.  She and her husband, Tell, have spent many hours, days, nights, with my boys. 

When I was finishing NP school, she would drive down with me and my then newborn Marsh, spend the night with us, and keep Marsh close by me during class, bringing him to me to nurse.  THAT'S a friend. 

I remember her making a spur-of-the-moment trip to Phoenix to pick me up (driving at night, her least favorite) because she knew I'd not want to ride the shuttle by myself in the middle of the night (a subtlety my husband was choosing to overlook).  She's sensitive to what I'm going through in life, and is always there to encourage me, love me, and give me coffee.  (Most recently, flowers too.)  She gives REALLY good presents.  She picks brown, and I'll take the same in olive.  She has a deep heart for others, and her fruit in ministry is evident. 

I love you Dest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment