Monday, January 27, 2014

Focus on the Friends - Erin



Meet my friend Erin.  She is my Diva friend.  And not in the way the wannabees of today try to be Divas.  She is a TRUE diva... the kind that is beautiful, confident, smart, AND genuine.  Take THAT. 

Erin is a kindred spirit.  Having also been a youth pastor's wife, she has a way of just understanding.  She also has small children, so she gets that too.  I remember before we both went back to working full time, she would come over and be with me and a newborn Mac.  She'd bring KFC, and we would talk for HOURS while the kids played.  I was grubby, tired, emotional, and my house was a wreck.  And she didn't care.  She would encourage me to not be hard on myself, and to not compare myself to Michelle Duggar (although I still aspire...) 

She is an amazing mom, wife, and teacher.  She loves Jesus, and has a deep heart to influence the world for him. 

I love you Erin.  Thank you for being my friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment